For the third time, since the CA State Fair’s cancellation due to COVID-19, SMUD is partnering with Cal Expo to bring SMUD Giving Monday. This time, we will be hosting an E-Waste recycling event to benefit the Sacramento Regional Conservation Corps (SRCC). SRCC is Sacramento’s largest education workforce training program for young adults.
Guests can drive through Cal Expo’s Main Gate loop to drop off items on Monday, November 15, from noon to 6:00 pm.
Items Not Accepted
- All Non-Electronic Waste: Items that do not have BOTH a circuit board and a power cord
- Techno-Trash including: CD’s/DVD’s, VHS, Beta, Cassettes, DAT Tapes, Memory Sticks, & Floppy Discs
- Batteries: All batteries must be removed from consumer electronic devices.
- All Lamps and Fluorescent Light Bulbs, incandescent Light Bulbs, and Christmas Tree Lights
- Hazardous Household Waste: Paint, Pesticides, Used Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Propane Tanks, or Fire Extinguishers
- Contaminated Electronic Waste such as medical equipment that has not been de-contaminated
- Large Household Appliances: Refrigerators, Washer and Dryers, Stoves, Ovens, Water Heaters, Air Conditioners, etc.
- Household Items: Furniture, Cordless Power Tools, Toys, Vacuum Cleaners, Smoke Detectors/ Alarms, and CO2 Detectors/Alarms
- All Mercury Containing Devices: Electric Irons, Thermostats, and Switches
- All Wood, including wood-encased Stereo Speakers
- Pressurized Containers: Fire Extinguishers, Propane Canisters and Spray Cans
- Solar Panels
- Radioactive Devices
- Space heaters
*Batteries MUST be removed from all electronics*