The California Exposition & State Fair (CE&SF) aims to provide a safe, comfortable and pleasant environment for its guests. When attending events at CE&SF, we ask that all guests abide by the following:
1. Please show common courtesy to fellow guests by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior.
2. All guests and containers entering CE&SF are subject to a protective screening and/or search for prohibited items, including alcoholic beverages, narcotics or other illegal items.
3. CE&SF is a smoking and vaping free facility. Smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapor or smoke are allowed only in designated smoking areas.
4. No sale or consumption of cannabis in any form is allowed on the State Fairgrounds during the California State Fair.
5. CE&SF is monitored 24 hours a day by video security cameras.
6. Guests are allowed to bring single wagons and may not connect multiple wagons to each other. Any attached cooler compartment cannot exceed 12″X18″.
7. A speed limit of 15 MPH is enforced on all facility roadways and parking lots.
8. CE&SF is not responsible for and assumes no liability arising from fire, theft, damage to or loss of vehicle or any article left inside the vehicle for persons parked at CE&SF. Please lock your car.
9. This facility operates in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act. Service Animals must remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times.
10. Guests entering CE&SF grant unrestricted rights and license to promoters, facility management and all other entities associated with CE&SF or their respective agents to use guests’ likeness in any broadcast, telecast, photograph taken or other transmission or reproduction in connection with the event.
11. Shirts and shoes are required to be worn at all times.
12. All bags entering CE&SF must follow our clear bag policy. It requires your bag be clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC no larger than 12”X12”X2” or a one gallon clear plastic bag (Ziploc or similar) or a small clutch. See acceptable bags and exceptions at https://calexpostatefair.com/info/code-of-conduct/
13. All youth under the age of eighteen (18) are required to be accompanied by a parent/guardian (adult – age 21+) to be admitted into the California Exposition & State Fair grounds. Any person entering may be asked to show a valid California Driver License or Identification Card or other Government issued ID. Each adult can only chaperone 5 minors at a time. Groups larger than 5 minors require an additional chaperone for every 5 minors. The chaperone (parent/adult) are required to remain on the property while the minors are on the property. The youth must provide a telephone number of the attending parent/adult to a California Exposition & State Fair Grounds representative upon request. Any and all misbehaving minors will be held and released to their chaperone (parent/adult). Any minors under the age of eighteen (18) not accompanied by an adult will not be admitted.
Organized and ticketed group outings, such as school, church, corporate, summer camp, sports, and other pre-scheduled group visits are exempt from the policy as these groups have established chaperone policies and practices already in place. Exceptions to this policy will be at the discretion of the Fair Management.
1. Weapons of any kind or objects that appear to be weapons (including toy blasters, squirt guns, etc.).
2. Running, shouting, aggressive horseplay and throwing of any objects. Disorderly or disruptive conduct and threatening, belligerent or hostile behavior.
3. Blocking any building, booth, exhibit, concession stand, performance, ticket window, gate, stage doorway, walkway, fire exit or stairway so as to impede access.
4. Bicycle riding, skateboarding, rollerblading, skating, or recreational scooters.
5. Bringing in alcoholic beverages, narcotics or any illegal substances.
6. Sitting on or placing feet on table tops, spitting and littering.
7. Drones, selfie sticks or tripods, including those purchased onsite at CE&SF.
8. Pets and Emotional Support Animals
9. Items that obscure the face, including but not limited to clothing, apparel or masks. Exceptions will be made for medical or health masks.
10. Interfering with business or law enforcement activities in violation of applicable statutes.
11. Soliciting contributions or signatures, leafletting, picketing or displaying signs, posters or banners, except in designated areas as defined by the current CE&SF Freedom of Expression Policy posted on the CE&SF website.
12. Distributing or selling buttons, stickers, hats, balloons, T-shirts, novelty items, food and beverage items by non-concessionaires.
13. Any activity that could result in physical harm to a person or property.
NOTE: Any violation of the Code of Conduct will result in a person already admitted to CE&SF to leave the facility grounds, without refund, liability or compensation.
Last Updated: June 22, 2023